24 January, 2012

Faces From Afar

I've pretty well adjusted to life in the bungalow.  Admittedly, I haven't done much more than that in the first full week of living on the N.C. Coast.  I've reached that magic moment when I can confidently use the major roads to get where I'm going without the assistance of Google Navigation.

Video calling wifey and the bug helps me stay connected in a my-daughter-thinks-I'm-Max-Headroom way.  After a few calls, she's become more interactive with the screen.  It's very therapeutic to be able to make her (and her mom) laugh from a distance.

An interesting related development:  She actually moves her hands and fingers in a convincing imitation of typing. I tell you, kids haven't changed a bit.  The world they grow up in has changed.  It's a good thing.

The bug will be turning seven months old this week.  No teeth yet, but something is going on in those gums.

No comments: