27 September, 2011

A Brand New Routine

My daughter is three months old now.  That means several things are changing.
  • She sleeps longer at night.
  • She tries to talk more.
  • She's getting better at laughing.
  • Tummy time can be fun.
  • She's starting to grasp this whole hand thing.
  • We get to break out a whole new wardrobe.
But, the biggest change is that wifey is going back to work.  We've worked it out so that she will work Tuesday through Saturday and I'll work Saturday through Monday and nights.  Grandma will watch the bug on Saturdays and, booyah!  No expensive childcare!  Mwahahahaha!

Oops.  That means wifey and I won't have a day off together.  And what about my writing?  All those hours of statuesque staring at a computer screen have to fit in somewhere.  I'm in the middle of writing a novel.  These things don't just write themselves (trust me on this, I've waited for it).

This blog will chronicle my newly acquired role of write-at-home dad and the struggle to keep up with word count in spite of diaper count.  I'm not the only one going through this.  Can I get some help?  Is it possible to be a responsible father, responsive husband, keep up with a job, and maintain some semblance of productivity with writing?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Test